Father’s Day Fly-In Package
Spend Father’s Day Weekend in the beautiful Sierra Nevada foothills at the 48th Annual Father’s Day Fly-In. There is no need to camp or rough it though, stay at the Best Western Plus Sonora Oaks and Conference Center and take advantage of our special Father’s Day Fly-In package. For just $159.99 plus tax per a night spend this Father’s Day in comfort with the pool and hot tub, large flat screen televisions, full hot breakfast at our on site restaurant, and round trip cab fare to and from the Fly-In event at Columbia Airport.
Exciting June Events in Sonora California!
- The historic town of Jamestown hosts The Jamestown Antique and Wine Faire along Main Street of this quaint gold rush era prospector’s town. Antique dealers will be out in 10×10 tents for street shopping alongside the wonderful shops and stores that always make Jamestown a great place to visit. Discover that great antique find, eat at one of the fantastic Main Street restaurants, and partake in wine tasting in Rocca Park.
- Plus, only a few minutes from Main Street Jamestown, visit the California’s Railtown 1897 State Historic Park to experience folk music on the railway in the fifth annual Singing Rails Railroad Music Event. As long as there have been trains, there have been songs about trains. Enjoy a music competition during the day, from noon to 5:00 pm, and wrap it all with the evening concert featuring The “Wailin’ Woodys” that begins at 6:00 pm. For more information this event or to register for the contest visit www.railtown1987.org.
- Visit Big Trees State Park and participate in the free seminar, The Sequoias of Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Pack a picnic lunch and bring the family to Big Trees State Park to spend the day among the Giant Sequoias. For more information call Calaveras Big Trees at (209)795-3840 or visit www.bigtrees.org
- The brand new event, the 1st Annual Royal Flush Crapper Derby and Craft Fair at Eproson Park in Twain Harte will provide a day of fun and excitement for all, with live music of Chains Required from 5:00 – 8:00 pm. Visit twainharterotary.com for more information or to register for participation
- Downtown Sonora will be alive with activity for Art Night. Head down to South Washington Street, 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm, for art displays, music, and refreshments. Enjoy dinner at one of the many fabulous downtown restaurants, and while taking in some of the fabulous local culture.
- From 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Groveland hosts The Seventh Annual Farms of Tuolumne County Farm and Rant Tour. Join five local farms for a genuine Groveland experience while enjoying live music, plein air painting, hay rides, wood carving demos, lots of animals, exciting equine demonstrations too, and activities for all ages. Featuring seminars on water conservation too.
- Twisted Oak Winery of Vallecito presents Under the Stars at Twisted Oak Winery featuring Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band. Call (209)736-9080 for further information.
Saturday, June 14th and Sunday June 15th Columbia Airport hosts the 48th Annual Father’s Day-Fly-In. With a pancake breakfast, live music, airplane rides and more, this is an event that dad can definitely enjoy with the whole family. Plus, the picturesque gold rush era town and state historic park of Columbia is only a half mile walk away for more exciting activities and some great local dining experiences.
- Railtown 1897 State Historic Park hosts Father’s Day at Railtown. Ride the regular excursion trains, enjoy the museum, and eat a picnic lunch with the family! Aboard the train all dads, when accompanied by a child, will receive a special treat. For more information visit: www.railtown1897.org
- Take a drive out to Twisted Oak Winery of Vallecito, near the town of Murphys, and spend a night Under the Stars at Twisted Oak Winery featuring Tim O’Brien. Call (209)736-9080 for further information.
Wrapping up June in the Motherlode, visit Tuolumne City for four days of fun at the 65th Annual Lumber Jubilee. Starting on June 26th and running through June 29th, this annual event is held in Tuolumne Memorial Park amidst the firs, pines, and cedars. Featuring four days rides and games, competitions and contests, food venders, lumber education and a whole lot of fun, this jubilee is a must.